As virtual meetings take over during the pandemic, your personal style might evolve with the work-day shift. Simply put, it’s all about being professional on top and comfy on the bottom. If you need to boost your current on-camera look, the solution may be more simple than it seems: add earrings. To help you pick the perfect pair, here are some bold accessory options to inspire your selection and wow your virtual social circle.
It’s time to catch up on your jewelry trends. This season, trend-setters forecast favorites with these two earring options:
- Pearls: Pearls aren’t just for your grandma anymore: they’re making a comeback! Consider a drop earring style to exude sophistication, style and, of course—catch eyes. This stunning pair by designer Deepa Gurani is sure to make a statement.
- Metal Crush: Swap your smooth metal earrings for a textured option. Whether you’re a gold or silver girl, crushed jewelry adds drama to any outfit.
While searching for bold earrings, you may quickly become overwhelmed with the number of options available on the market. When in doubt, turn to a tried-and-true brand that’s stood the test of time:
- Sheila Fajl: If you prefer a classic look, Sheila Fajl’s “Everybody’s Favorite” earring is the perfect-sized hoop to stand out on screen. For a little more edge, browse options like the Aaron Star Hoops to brighten up your look.
- Baublebar: Baublebar is known for its variety, and with a unique selection, you’ll easily find a pair of earrings that fit your personality. Perhaps try this martini pair for your next Zoom happy hour or check out SUGARFIX by Baublebar, the brand’s affordable line at Target.
Splurge-Worthy Options (and Dupes!)
If you find an item that is well worth the monetary investment, it’s okay to spoil yourself. However, if you love the style of the earrings below, but not the price, we’ve included similar items that might be the perfect replacement:
- Beaded Wing Style: The “Madeline” earring by Mignonne Gavigan is nothing short of stunning. The white and gold wing earrings are hand-beaded with sequins and crystals. Indulge yourself with the shimmering stunners or opt for this similar pair to save big money and support a small business owner.
- Acrylic Blooms: Add some springtime energy to your wardrobe with these Eddie Parker acrylic earrings. The pink marble flowers add just the right amount of whimsy to your outfit. If you’re not ready to spend the extra money, save with this similar daisy style available in a variety of colors.
When you’re looking for an affordable—yet fashionable—pair of earrings, look no further than Amazon! Here are two great options under $20.00:
- Indecisive Bargain: If you can’t settle on a style, opt for this variety pack: nine pairs of earrings for only $19.99! From straw styles to leopard print acrylic, you’re sure to find a pair to love in the mix.
- Lightning Bolts: Light up your next virtual gathering with these drop-style lightning bolt earrings. Available in a variety of rhinestone colors and patterns, you can customize your purchase to your wardrobe.
Jewelry that Supports a Cause
Want to give back with an earring purchase? Noonday Collection and Akola both aim to make a difference in vulnerable communities by employing artisans worldwide. For starters, check out these recycled glass bead and horn earrings handcrafted in Uganda or this pair made from tagua seeds in Ecuador.
Step-Up Your Zoom Appearance with Bold Earrings
Many things have changed with the onset of the pandemic. For some people, their daily outfit choices are one of those. Instead of investing in new clothes for work or going out, find statement earrings that will brighten up your next Zoom call. The right style can make you stand out and let your personality shine through.
Try our 10 Zoom meeting tips, for even more virtual fashion inspo! ✨